- 130,906 Visitors
Live Traffic Feed
Search Older Posts
Recent Viewers comments
- ankushwadalkar on DIY Atmel 89 Series Device Programmer
- Ramachandran on New Website Launched.
- pasanlaksiri on Wi-Fi Enabled Digital KPI Boards.
- Ajith Ranasinha on Wi-Fi Enabled Digital KPI Boards.
- madhukar b r on Digital LED Matrix Clock Project using Holtek LED Drivers. ( Testing for errors )
- mustafa on Pulsing LED Third Brake Light
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (9)
- December 2015 (5)
- November 2015 (8)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (2)
- July 2015 (9)
- June 2015 (11)
- May 2015 (5)
- March 2015 (3)
- November 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (2)
- September 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (5)
- July 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (6)
- March 2014 (3)
- February 2014 (6)
- October 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (5)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (2)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (3)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (3)
- December 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (1)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (3)
- July 2010 (3)
- June 2010 (5)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (5)
- March 2010 (27)
- February 2010 (23)
- digital clock
- electronics PIC microcontroller
- High Power
- Key Performance Indicator Board
- LUXEON Rebel
- Made in Sri Lanka
- maxim ic
- Message Display
- power supply
- Sri Lanka
- AN3589 - Using Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converter on SAMC MCU with MPLAB Harmony v3 11/08/2020AN3589 - Using Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converter on SAMC MCU with MPLAB Harmony v3
- AN3604 - Pre-Configured Clock Generator Part Numbers for Switchtec and Data Center Applications 11/08/2020AN3604 - Pre-Configured Clock Generator Part Numbers for Switchtec and Data Center Applications
- AN3530 - PID Fan Speed Control for 4-Wire Fans 10/08/2020AN3530 - PID Fan Speed Control for 4-Wire Fans
- AN3531 - Simple LiPo Battery Management 07/08/2020AN3531 - Simple LiPo Battery Management
- Getting Started With UART Using EUSART on PIC18 07/08/2020Getting Started With UART Using EUSART on PIC18
- AN3589 - Using Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converter on SAMC MCU with MPLAB Harmony v3 11/08/2020
“Its not about how many years of experience you have. Its about the quality of your years of experience.”
– Jacob Cass, Logo of the Day.
This time I got a very interesting client with interesting request. Client imported 1996 Cincinnati falcon 200 CNC Lathe machine. Comparatively to the new Chinese lathe machines this one is a solid beast even though it’s uses 1996 technology. Its 15 years old but still good as new.
However the machine is not working because of few faults. But all of the faults are electronic and software related faults. Below are the identified faults.
1) Acramatic 2100 Control System – Real time processor board is dead
Main system is booting up properly but the real time processor board is not booting up at all. It may be because of on-board power section fault. Used boards are available but for shitty price. So not worth to buy a used board.
So I have to throw away the whole Acramatic 2100 Computer System and install a new industrial PC with a MACH4 or china GSK system, by the way which I hate to use. (Its feel like a command line PC no GUI at all. And this is almost 2016 right ?)
2) Cincinnati Milacron PSR 4/5 Power Supply Module – No power.
This must be repairable. If the proprietary controller chips are good other discrete components can be fixed. However if the power supply is completely dead I may have to remove the whole system and use new servo and spindle drivers. Will cost more but it will be an investment for the future.
3) Cincinnati Timer Relays – Dead but totally compatible with other models.
4) OAC24A (Solid State Relays) – Few of them are missing and some are not working properly. This model is kind of obsolete but still available to buy. So won’t be much of an issue.
Above are the known faults and I’ll update the project report as it develop.
Above is the DEAD PC.
And this is the CNC system
Wireless Synchronized Precision Digital Clocks – 5 Inch Single Side
If your production line is time sensitive, then precision and synchronized clock system is a must have item. With OptoElectronics.lk precision clocks you could easily mange your valuable production staff.
All of these wave ceptor analog clocks are hooked up to a 12VDC power rail. And digital clock in the video is generating radio signals to synchronize the clocks to the precise time. And the digital clock is synching the time periodically with a GPS module. In case of a power failure I have integrate TCXO RTC. I have tested these clocks for almost a year, they never miss a second. Pretty amazing digital-mechanical beauty.
Some of my clients hate digital clocks. They specifically order precision analog clocks.
Both of these clocks are Wave Ceptor type tnalog clocks. In below video you could see how they synchronizing the time automatically to the current time precisely.
In Sri Lanka we do not have any time signal broadcasting. So I’ve thought to generate my own time signal and transmit around my premises. 🙂
Analog clock is a wave ceptor type. But in Sri Lanka, radio frequency time signal isn’t available. So I’ve generated my own time signal to synchronize the analog clock with my other digital clocks.
As you could see in the video below, it automatically set the hands for the precise time.
For every hobbyist who’s in to electronics, must have a vernier caliper.
Most of the best brands are over expensive. There are cheap ones but then the accuracy is a question…
Then I found the GUANGLU brand and bought 6″ version with USB funtion.
I have been using it for several months, for the moment its pretty damn precession. But unfortunately even though it has micro USB port it just cant plug the device to the PC and start measuring. For the USB function they sell another converter type thingy.
But how ever I could recommend GUANGLU calipers for any one who needs reasonably priced accurate digital caliper.
And by the way it cost me around 40USD (6000/= LKR).