Yesterday I had a chance to play with MPLAB PM3 Universal Device Programmer. Its Lovely. Its Programing speeds are also impressive comparatively to my PicKit2.
Basically it is a Programmer that supports Microchip’s entire line of PIC devices as well as the latest dsPIC devices. And also its expensive. Its cost like $900 USD.
• RS-232 or USB interface
• Integrated In Circuit Serial Programming™ (ICSP™) interface
• Fast programming time
• Three operating modes:
– PC Host mode for full control
– Safe mode for secure data
– Standalone mode for programming without a PC
• Complete line of interchangeable socket modules to support all Microchip devices and package options (sold separately)
• SQTPsm serialization for programming unique serial numbers while in PC Host mode.
• An alternate DOS command line interface is available for batch control
• Supports PROMATE® II socket modules via adapter (sold separately)
• Large easy-to-read display
• Field upgradable firmware allows quick new device support
• Secure Digital (SD) and Multimedia Card (MMC)
• Buzzer notification for noisy environments
More info about the PM3 : www.microchip.com